To say that these families of laptops are certified to military grade MIL-SPEC, ensuring that if you do have an accident, your laptop is built to withstand it. To do this, they must pass a series of tests that guarantee that the equipment meets the very high standards of the Pentagon so that it can be used in any theater of operations in which the United States Army is deployed.
Very rugged laptops
The manufacturer takes into account the needs of its customers. And we are all human, so it is normal for accidents to happen. Whether it’s because you spilled a cup of coffee on your laptop or accidentally dropped your backpack with your gear inside, ideally your computer can handle anything.
For this reason, since 2007, Lenovo uses US Department of Defense MIL-STD 810G testing, a standard that guarantees a perfect balance between value and durability. With this, Lenovo wants you not to have to worry about the integrity of your device, so that you can be connected and productive in any environment.
Please note that the rigorous MIL-SPEC tests passed by Lenovo ThinkPad and ThinkBook laptops certify that these models can work in all kinds of situations, as you will see later.
And there is no shortage of reasons for the company to bet on this military-grade certification. Different studies state that Most common causes of laptop damage, with 39% of cases, are spilling some kind of liquid. In second place is accidental damage, whether due to a blow or a bad fall, with 23%. That clumsy moment we all have from time to time where we unintentionally smack the laptop lid badly and cringe at the thought of possible screen damage.
An attractive design and Windows 11 as standard
In addition, Lenovo has not neglected the design so that its family of laptops continues to stand out for offering a sleek and slim look. With this, this range of products from the manufacturer is perfect for a hybrid job, in which teleworking is combined with the office. Without a doubt, these laptops will withstand the daily grind without any problem.
Not to mention the hardware solutions that they hide inside, since these models have the best AMD and Intel processors so that the user experience is perfect.
The best of all? That The entire Lenovo ThinkPad and ThinkBook family has Windows 11 as its operating system. With this, you will have the guarantee that you are enjoying the latest version of the Microsoft operating system, with all kinds of improvements compared to previous editions, including new security mechanisms to protect the stored information.
How Lenovo Laptop MIL-STD 810G Certification Works
In order for Lenovo laptops to have military grade certificationthe company carries out different resistance tests to guarantee that they meet the required standards.
As a result, hybrid employees will have less risk of accidentally damaging your laptopswhether due to a spill, a fall or a fortuitous blow, common things during the working day.
To meet the highest standards, Lenovo subjects its products to a total of 12 methods and 20 procedures for the ThinkBook family and 12 methods and 22 procedures for the ThinkPad family, including the following tests:
- humidity test: The notebook is subjected to 91-98% relative humidity in natural environments.
- Vibration test: a test to determine the resistance in this element.
- solar radiation test: seven 24-hour cycles of simulated UV radiation are performed.
- altitude test: The laptop is tested at an altitude of more than 4,500 meters.
- Extreme temperature test: 3 cycles of 2 hours duration are cycled in environments between -25 and 60 °C.
- mechanical shock test: A high acceleration test is performed that is repeated more than 18 times.
- Fungal test: the laptop is left 28 days with a source of common fungus.
- Sand and dust resistance test: 140 mesh silica powder is used for 6 hour cycles and silica sand for 90 minute cycles.
- Test of high temperature: the computer is stored in a 63°C environment for 24 hours. In addition, its operation is tested at 43ºC for 8 hours.
- Low temperature test: the computer is stored in a -25°C environment for 24 hours. In addition, its operation is tested at -21ºC for 8 hours.
- Explosive environments test: a test is done in a steam environment.
- Vibration test on ships: the laptop is tested for 2 hours with vibrations between 4-33 Hz.
Lastly, say that Lenovo scrupulously follows the MIL-STD 810G standardwhich establishes very specific regulations to carry out these tests, guaranteeing that they perfectly meet the necessary requirements.