In a few days, Apple’s WWDC will be held, and the rumors about the news that operating systems will be offered such as iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 they accumulate. Some of those rumors are especially notable.
In fact, there is already talk of various novelties especially striking of these platforms for Apple mobiles and tablets. Improvements that had been highly demanded and that will undoubtedly pose a notable change for users of the iPhone and iPad.
Screens take on new life
The data has been leaked by Mark Gurman, an analyst at Bloomberg, who reveals to us every week the latest data received of the strategy of the Cupertino company.
Gurman has an already famous track record for its success in “predicting” the future of Apple products and services, and on this occasion he has talked about the news that we can expect from iOS 16 and iPadOS 16, among which are:
- ‘Always on’ display for iOS 16: Various Android-based mobiles have been offering ‘Always-on’ screens for years in which, even when locked, the time, battery level and even icons that show that notifications or messages have arrived on WhatsApp are shown. The option, which had been available on the Apple Watch for some time, will finally come to the iPhone, but not to all: according to Gurman, it will be an exclusive option for the future iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max thanks to the hypothetical inclusion of LPTO screens.
- Resizable windows in iPadOS 16: new data They reveal that a feature will arrive on the iPad that will improve the multitasking capabilities of these devices: a system setting that will give access to being able to resize windows completely freely.
- More “social” messages. The iOS / iPadOS messaging application would have improvements in its audio messages, but also some functions of social networks, although no details are given about these options.
To these novelties are added data already revealed in past weeks:
- interactive widgets: these new widgets They will allow you to control music, home automation devices and other products and services without having to open their respective applications.
- notification system: con improvements yet to be discovered but that they will theoretically be an interactive improvement of the current one.
- Classical music: the service Apple Classical of classical music is expected as a novelty of Apple Music.
- New forms of interaction: Gurman spoke some time ago of “cool apps” referring to new native applications that improve the performance of their devices.
- More privacy: iCloud Private Relay encryption could become a standard system for all users.
The inaugural conference of WWDC 2022 will be held next Monday, June 6 at 7:00 p.m. CESTand from Xataka we will be very attentive to everything that is presented there.